Home Health News Firefighters may be required to get COVID-19 shot, Garcetti says – Los Angeles Times

Amid reports that some Los Angeles firefighters are refusing to take the COVID-19 vaccination, Mayor Eric Garcetti said Friday that he would “potentially” make the vaccination mandatory if firefighters remain reluctant in a few months.

“It’s something that we’re talking about, especially those who will be interacting with the public,” Garcetti said, adding that other city workers could also face mandatory vaccinations.

Garcetti said that people will likely have an incentive to take the vaccine as the economy reopens.

“For instance, you probably can’t get in Dodger Stadium for the first games if you haven’t been vaccinated, go to concerts, do some of the things that are part of what we do,” he said.

Many teachers, grocers and even some hospital employees are wary of the COVID-19 vaccine and don’t want it. The question of mandatory vaccine requirements by employers is complicated.

The Times reported last week that some firefighters are turning down the vaccine, with some saying they don’t feel comfortable being among the first to take it.

Other firefighters say they have already been infected and feel as if they don’t need it.

Ralph Terrazas, chief of the Los Angeles Fire Department, has said that he’ll be watching the vaccination numbers and would consider making the shot mandatory after the vaccine receives authorization for broader use from federal regulators.

The LAFD has resorted to prizes for those who get vaccinated. Vaccinated firefighters get entered into a raffle where the gifts include Canary home security cameras, Google Nest entertainment systems, Aventon fixed-gear bicycles and gift cards for Airbnb and Lyft.

The gifts will be funded by the LAFD Foundation, a nonprofit organization that raises money to support the department, according to a memo distributed by Terrazas.

1. Tomoko Cogbill

March 11, 2021 at 3:39 pm

Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to seek out any individual with some unique thoughts on this subject. realy thanks for beginning this up. this web site is something that is wanted on the net, somebody with a bit originality. useful job for bringing something new to the web!

2. zortilo nrel

March 21, 2021 at 5:01 pm

Definitely, what a magnificent blog and educative posts, I surely will bookmark your site.All the Best!

3. our site

April 18, 2021 at 4:48 pm

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my site so i came to “return the favor”.I am attempting to find things to improve my site!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

4. cyber monday deals on hosting

April 30, 2021 at 9:54 pm

Regards for helping out, superb info .

5. Javier Oshey

May 11, 2021 at 8:52 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

6. Lashonda Deily

May 12, 2021 at 8:53 am

7. stornobrzinol

May 16, 2021 at 5:33 am

Great site! I am loving it!! Will be back later to read some more. I am taking your feeds also

8. Danilo Swem

May 16, 2021 at 9:46 pm

I don’t know about you people but I infatuated with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/01/airplane-geeks-podcast-talking-about-airline-goodness/

9. Anjelica Spanicek

May 17, 2021 at 12:22 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl authors and blogs

10. Val Kucinski

May 18, 2021 at 7:30 am

I don’t know about you guys but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/04/is-it-really-an-airline-graveyard-but-they-can-come-back-to-life/

11. Harlan Brzezowski

May 19, 2021 at 9:18 am

I don’t know about you all but I love airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/02/boeing-747-8-first-flight-set-for-monday-february-8th/

12. Ute Tinajero

May 20, 2021 at 8:20 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

13. Alvin Terherst

May 22, 2021 at 6:52 am

I don’t know about you people but I infatuated with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/11/southwest-airlines-says-no-fees-campaign-is-working/

14. Obdulia Goforth

May 30, 2021 at 10:56 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

15. Aline Skees

June 3, 2021 at 4:10 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

16. Janella Hegland

June 7, 2021 at 4:44 pm

17. pain management

June 13, 2021 at 3:28 pm

I just could not depart your site before suggesting that I actually enjoyed the usual info an individual supply in your visitors? Is going to be back ceaselessly to inspect new posts