Home Health News Arizona has highest rate of COVID-19 in world, data shows – ABC15 Arizona

Arizona has highest rate of COVID-19 in world, data shows – ABC15 Arizona

Despite case numbers that are showing signs of a potential downward trend, Arizona still leads the world in average new confirmed COVID-19 cases per capita.

FULL SECTION: Everything you need to know about coronavirus

The state is reporting an average of 121.6 newly confirmed cases over the past seven days according to data from John Hopkins University. California, the second-highest tracked jurisdiction in the world, comes in at 109.5.

Five days ago, it appeared that the Republic of Ireland was going to rocket past Arizona, as well as every other place in the world.

The COVID-19 UK variant, dubbed B117, which studies show is more contagious than the variants currently found in the United States, makes up 45% of Ireland’s new COVID-19 infections. Fourteen days ago, the country posted a seven-day average new confirmed case number of 27.4. It skyrocketed to 132.7 5 days ago, before starting to decline.

Arizona is no stranger to being at the top of the COVID-19 charts. The state has been the top hotspot in the world at least three times now.

The first instance occurred in early July when the country’s sunbelt states experienced a late spring surge. The state again made the top spot-on January 4 and remained there until January 10 when Ireland became the world’s top hotspot. However, the change was short lived as Arizona posted a world record of 134.7 average new confirmed cases per 100,000 people.

Leading the world in new COVID-19 deaths per capita

Newly confirmed cases is not the only metric that Arizona leads the world in. According to the same dataset, Arizona is also leading the world in new COVID-19 deaths per 100,000 people over the past seven days.

91-DIVOC-countries-normalized-Ireland (1).png

The data shows that the state is experiencing 2.16 average new deaths from COVID-19, far higher than the runner up, Czechia, at 1.64.

The state has the second-highest per capita cumulative death count in the world at 151.7 per 100,000. Behind the world leader, Belgium, which reports 176.6 deaths per capita.

91-DIVOC-countries-normalized-Ireland (2).png

1. Michal Schaus

May 11, 2021 at 11:14 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

2. Landon Golaszewski

May 12, 2021 at 9:29 am

3. Jae Malama

May 16, 2021 at 10:39 pm

I don’t know about you people but I am obsessed with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2008/07/a-few-united-pilots-causing-problems-for-thousands-of-travellers/

4. Cathern Sizelove

May 17, 2021 at 12:45 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

5. Dung Deaner

May 18, 2021 at 7:54 am

I don’t know about you people but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2008/07/british-airways-to-merge-with-iberia/

6. Maurita Kingson

May 20, 2021 at 8:48 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl authors and blogs

7. Columbus Degeest

May 21, 2021 at 7:10 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

8. Gilberto Hutcherson

May 22, 2021 at 7:11 am

I don’t know about you people but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/06/delta-and-southwest-have-birthdays/

9. Dee Gagliardo

May 23, 2021 at 9:02 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

10. Dorsey Reichard

May 30, 2021 at 11:16 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

11. Kaley Hofland

June 5, 2021 at 7:55 am

12. Meda Lucek

June 7, 2021 at 8:06 pm

13. Grant Melendy

June 12, 2021 at 4:49 am

14. Thomas Tabian

June 13, 2021 at 11:04 am

I don’t know about you guys but I infatuated with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/06/fun-with-airline-advertisements/

15. Davis Spada

June 13, 2021 at 10:36 pm

I don’t know about you guys but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/08/flight-makes-emergency-landing-after-reports-of-debris-coming-off-wing/