Home Health News L.A. County Surpasses 1 Million Coronavirus Cases; Public Health Officials Identify First Case Of U.K. Strain – Deadline

Los Angeles county, which has become the epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic, has reached its grimmest milestone yet as officials confirm more than 1 million total cases of Covid-19.

The county continues its trend of at least 100,000 new cases every week, with L.A. seeing a total of 1,003,923 cases to date. Saturday’s numbers confirm 14,669 new Covid-19 cases and 253 new deaths, bringing L.A. to a total of 13,741 deaths.

To date 7,597 people are currently hospitalized, with 22% of patient receiving care in the ICU.

In addition to the latest count, Los Angeles Public Health officials have confirmed the first case of the U.K. Coronavirus variant B.1.1.7. The varying strain, which caused the U.K. to undergo another lockdown, is more contagious, officials say.

Though Saturday may mark the strain’s first reported appearance in Los Angeles County, the new coronavirus strain had already made its way through Southern California, including San Diego and San Bernadino. Earlier this month, officials confirmed 2 new cases of the more contagious variant in the Big Bear area. Before that, the strain had been found in Colorado, marking the first U.S. case of the Covid-19 variant.

The CDC warns that the presence of B.1.1.7 can mark a new phase of “exponential growth” in total Covid-19 cases.

While vaccine rollout may be a glimmer of hope amid the soaring numbers and the appearance of the new B.1.1.7 variant, officials warn that L.A. County may see darker days.

“Current projections by the experts predict that if left unchecked, this variant could dominate locally by March,” Los Angeles Public Health director Barbara Ferrer said on Friday.

1. Ellie Peatry

May 10, 2021 at 9:18 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

2. Jules Beachell

May 12, 2021 at 6:48 am

3. Kyong Clute

May 16, 2021 at 8:12 pm

I don’t know about you people but I am obsessed with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/08/alaska-airlines-announces-new-flight-from-bellingham-to-honolulu/

4. Johnathan Lefave

May 17, 2021 at 11:01 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

5. Archie Halling

May 19, 2021 at 7:50 am

I don’t know about you all but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2008/08/fees-go-up-profit-goes-up-passengers-go-down/

6. Jani Semmes

May 20, 2021 at 6:46 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

7. Nathanial Rhorer

May 20, 2021 at 11:38 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

8. Malena Teresa

May 21, 2021 at 8:38 pm

I don’t know about you all but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/08/another-naked-guy-on-a-southwest-flight-to-las-vegas/

9. Shayne Bradmon

May 23, 2021 at 7:43 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

10. Clifton Patchett

May 28, 2021 at 8:27 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

11. Bryon Heikkinen

May 29, 2021 at 8:55 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

12. Dusty Rushdan

May 31, 2021 at 8:23 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

13. Carlton Nehring

June 15, 2021 at 12:15 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs