Home Health News California recommends pause in administering one batch of Moderna vaccine due to possible allergic reaction | TheHill – The Hill

California’s state epidemiologist recommended that healthcare providers in the state pause administering one batch of Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine due to possible allergic reactions.

State Epidemiologist Erica Pan said in a statement on Sunday that “a higher-than-usual number of possible allergic reactions” were reported with doses from a lot by Moderna that was administered at a community vaccination clinic.

Fewer than 10 individuals needed medical attention over a 24-hour time period, Pan said.

Over 330,000 doses from the lot had been distributed to 287 providers across the state. The shipments arrived between Jan. 5 and Jan. 12.

Pan said providers should stop administering vaccines from the lot until an investigation by the state, Moderna, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Food and Drug Administration is done.

Moderna didn’t immediately return a request for comment from The Hill.

“Out of an extreme abundance of caution and also recognizing the extremely limited supply of vaccine, we are recommending that providers use other available vaccine inventory and pause the administration of vaccines from Moderna Lot 041L20A until the investigation by the CDC, FDA, Moderna and the state is complete,” Pan said in a statement.

“We will provide an update as we learn more,” Pan said.

While it is unclear how many reactions occurred, The Associated Press reported that six health care workers in San Diego had allergic reactions to vaccines they received on Jan. 14 at a mass vaccination center. The site was temporarily closed and is now using other vaccines.

The risk of a serious adverse reaction is very small, Pan noted. Data from a similar vaccine shows the expected anaphylaxis rate is about 1 in 100,000.

The pause comes as California pushes to roll out COVID-19 vaccines as the state deals with another record outbreak that is still threatening its hospital capacity.

The state has administered over 1 million coronavirus doses, according to data from the CDC, or 2,716 doses per 100,000 people. Last week, the state expanded vaccine eligibility to anyone aged 65 or over.

California reported 2.97 million coronavirus cases on Monday, and over 33,000 coronavirus deaths.

1. Porsche Alsbury

May 10, 2021 at 11:50 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

2. Jere Gallinaro

May 12, 2021 at 12:46 am

3. Beau Zemon

May 16, 2021 at 7:08 pm

I don’t know about you guys but I am obsessed with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/08/united-airlines-does-have-spirit/

4. Clyde Gillard

May 17, 2021 at 8:23 pm

I don’t know about you people but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/01/ultimate-airline-livery-challenge-do-you-have-what-it-takes/

5. Jamey Pfahl

May 19, 2021 at 11:37 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

6. Manual Malach

May 23, 2021 at 6:50 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

7. Judi Thelen

May 29, 2021 at 7:50 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

8. Jeanine Reos

May 30, 2021 at 8:37 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl authors and blogs

9. Chelsie Tsui

June 3, 2021 at 2:05 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

10. Valrie Burnham