Home Health News Pfizer and BioNTech to Supply WHO's COVID-19 Vaccine Program – The Motley Fool

Pfizer and BioNTech to Supply WHO's COVID-19 Vaccine Program – The Motley Fool

The distribution of coronavirus vaccines in lower-income countries could get a huge boost soon. On Thursday, two sources familiar with the matter told Reuters that Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) and BioNTech (NASDAQ:BNTX) have agreed to supply a program co-led by the World Health Organization (WHO) with their COVID-19 vaccine.

The COVAX program is a group effort coordinated by the WHO, the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI), and Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance. The program aims to secure 2 billion doses by the end of this year to protect vulnerable people and frontline healthcare workers in participating countries. All countries are eligible to participate, but the program plans to deliver about 1.3 billion doses to 92 low- and middle-income countries.

Image source: Getty Images.

Details regarding the number of doses Pfizer and BioNTech have agreed to and the price per dose the COVAX program intends to pay the partners are still unclear. Neither company has officially announced an agreement to supply COVAX, but they’re expected to fill in the gaps on Friday.

This won’t be the first vaccine authorized in some countries to be secured by the COVAX program. In December, the COVAX program entered an advance purchase agreement with AstraZeneca (NASDAQ:AZN) for 170 million doses of a coronavirus candidate that has been authorized for use in the U.K. and India. Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) also has an agreement with the program to supply 500 million doses of its single-dose vaccine candidate, which is expected to produce late-stage clinical trial data any day now.

1. Wilbur Amsler

May 11, 2021 at 7:59 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

2. Detra Zedaker

May 12, 2021 at 8:40 am

3. Lakisha Hoerig

May 17, 2021 at 12:13 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

4. Elba Micucci

May 18, 2021 at 7:21 am

I don’t know about you people but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/07/southwest-airlines-mods-all-b737-700-with-vertical-navigation/

5. Lawerence Mamon

May 19, 2021 at 9:08 am

I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2008/08/fees-go-up-profit-goes-up-passengers-go-down/

6. Geraldine Verser

May 21, 2021 at 6:40 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl authors and blogs

7. Herschel Harned

May 22, 2021 at 6:45 am

I don’t know about you guys but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/06/boeing-video-checking-out-the-boeing-747-8-intercontinental/

8. Leif Mathiason

May 23, 2021 at 8:37 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

9. Henriette Demeritte

May 28, 2021 at 9:22 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

10. Mike Lerra

May 29, 2021 at 9:57 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

11. Darrel Escarcega

June 3, 2021 at 4:03 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

12. Ha Reisz