Skincare tips: Dos and don’ts for healthy, younger-looking skin  |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
.a-keywrap width:calc(100% – 600px); float: left; background: #f3f3f3; padding: 15px 19px; height: 450px; overflow-y:auto; margin-bottom: 12px
.a-keywrap-head width: 100%; float: left; color:#000; line-height: 1; font-size: 22px; text-transform: uppercase;line-height: 1.27; /*font-weight: bold;*/ border-bottom: 1px solid #000; padding-bottom: 13px
.highlights-point width: 100%; float: left;
.highlights-point ul margin: 0px; padding: 0px ; float: left; width: 100%; list-style: none !important
.highlights-point ul li width: 100%; float: left; line-height: 1.56; font-size: 18px; color: #000; position: relative; list-style: none!important; margin-top: 12px; padding-left: 18px
.highlights-point ul li:before width: 6px; height: 6px; background: #000000; border-radius: 50%; overflow: hidden; content: ”; position: absolute; left: 0; top: 10px
- Did you know that smoking can damage your skin health?
- A healthy lifestyle can contribute to healthy, younger-looking skin
- Skincare is an intricate process which might give way to certain shortcomings
New Delhi: Remember when Albert Einstein defined insanity as doing something over and over again and expecting different results? He knew what he was talking about and relating his wisdom with skincare may seem a bit unlikely but at the end of the day, “Wisdom is the reward of experience and should be shared.” If even after following a consistent skincare routine you are unable to get desired results, maybe it is time to probe further into the issue and identify the possible slips that you might have been making.
Dos and don’ts of skincare
Here are some dos and don’ts of a skincare routine that you must keep in mind:
Dos: Here are some things that you must incorporate into your skincare routine:
- Satiate and hydrate: Make a healthy and balanced diet a part of your lifestyle. Food can help provide you with the required nutrition to enhance your skin health. Furthermore, remember to drink an adequate amount of water as staying hydrated can help keep your skin moisturized, soft, and plump.
- Remember the sunscreen: Be it a cloudy day or a winter morning, the visible presence of the sun does not guarantee the absence of UV rays, therefore, it is necessary to protect your skin from the harmful rays at all times. Always put on sunscreen for younger-looking and healthy skin.
- Sleep well: Relaxing to get rid of stress and fatigue is important for your body and skin. Make sure that you get a good night’s sleep of at least 6 to 8 hours every day and indulge in destressing activities such as yoga and meditation for healthier skin.
Don’ts: Here are some things that you must avoid including in your skincare routine:
- Over exfoliation: Exfoliating is an important part of skincare as it helps getting rid of dead skin cells and impurities hidden in pores. However, over-exfoliation must be avoided because it can lead to skin irritation and rashes. Furthermore, it is always advised to go for a gentle exfoliator.
- Sleeping with makeup on: Never go to bed with your makeup on. Leaving the chemicals present in the products combined with the day’s dirt on your skin can cause significant damage to it putting your skin at risk of a breakout, irritation, and infection.
- Popping zits: As tempting as it may be, popping zits is never a wise choice. A habit of popping pimples can put your skin at risk of skin damage and infection. Furthermore, it can cause dark spots, scars, irritation, and worsening of acne. Opt for home remedies for acne or consult a dermatologist for safer treatment.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.